Boost Design offers a turn-key development service for the creation of customised software and IoT cloud applications, from idea through to a deployed and supported solution. Suitable for remote monitoring & control of external hardware devices, or other IoT purposes (Internet of Things), we can develop your software solution and product eco-system either in part or from concept through to production.
Software Design Services
As every project is different, Boost Design will work with you to determine the best way to complete your project, taking into account your business needs and constraints. Examples of activities may include:
- Development of a set of functional requirements for your system to ensure the end result will achieve the functional outcomes you are aiming for
- Review of available data sources and their related capabilities
- Identification of a suitable technology platform, including could hosting solutions such as AWS
- A fast mock-up of interfaces for review and refinement by your team
- Design and development of the Application and integration with available underlying technologies
- If required, design and development of electronic hardware devices, or configuration of off-the-shelf devices to work within your product eco-system
- Software deployment
- Ongoing management and support
Dashboards & Control Interfaces
Boost Design can develop a broad range of functionality into your dashboard, including the following:
- High impact charts, such as bar charts, line charts and pie charts
- Tables of data with your choice of customised formats
- Real time statuses of your data
- Calculation and presentation of summary information into any of the above formats
- Data monitoring systems, such as to send alerts if data reaches specific values
- Data processing and conversion from custom formats into a format that is suitable for display
- Aggregation of data from multiple sources into a single report
- Applications to run your proprietary data processing algorithms on a scalable cloud server
- Database systems for storing data from multiple connected sources
- Control systems, such as switches and dials for the remote control of hardware devices
- Responsive design, allowing data to be formatted on smartphone, tablet or computer
Single And Multiple User Support
Cloud apps can be developed to meet a range of different usage scenarios, such as:
- A public dashboard that anyone with the URL can access
- A private web portal which requires a user login for access
- A system to support multiple clients, where each of your clients can access different data displayed in common formats
- A customised solution, where each client has a fully customised interface to suit their individual needs
IoT Devices & Data Sources
As part of our services, Boost Design can customise your IoT Cloud to work with a broad range of data sources, including:
- Internet connected (IoT) and distributed electronic hardware devices, including pre-existing hardware, off-the-shelf devices, or custom electronic devices developed by Boost Design specifically for your application (e.g. AWS IoT)
- Device integration with certificates over secure connections (e.g. HTTPS, MQTTS)
- Databases (e.g. SQL, AWS RDS)
- Connection to other third-party software applications (where an interface is available)
- Web services, such as REST or SOAP APIs
Amazon Web Services Software Development
Boost Design recommends the use of AWS IoT Cloud solutions for customised web applications. AWS (Amazon Web Services) provides a robust and feature-rich platform that contains significant infrastructure that can be rapidly leveraged and deployed to speed up development and reduce costs. AWS is also completely scalable and can grow with your needs.
Rapid Dashboard Development
Boost Design utilise pre-existing dashboard & application platforms to allow us to rapidly and cost effectively develop your application. We aim not to reinvent the wheel, but rather to customise well designed and proven dashboard platforms and interface elements in order to meet the needs of your application. However, if you need something custom, we can also assist with that too.
The Boost Design Approach
In contrast to most product development consultancies, Boost design’s experience is based on many years of leadership working within small-businesses and technology start-ups. This experience allows us to take a holistic approach to product development, which balances the needs of research, design and engineering with your overall business and product goals.
Here’s a summary of our approach:
- We live and breathe Outcome Driven Design; every decision we make is informed by what you are trying to achieve with your product and your business.
- Our team are highly adept in translating technical terminology into plain English, so you don’t need to be an engineer to communicate with us or understand our work.
- Wherever possible, we aim to integrate existing technology into our designs that will accelerate development time, reduce costs, while meeting or exceeding project and product objectives. This includes the use of reputable components that are readily available, well documented, are simple to evaluate and implement, or the use of designs already built by our own engineering team that are ready to deploy into your application.
- We define a plan and team to suit each project individually.
- Our work programmes are structured to identify and mitigate project risks as early as possible.
- We are happy to accommodate your scope changes as the project progresses.
- We invite you to be closely involved with the project and in all major design decisions, at a level of detail and involvement that suits you.
- We consider design for manufacture (DFM) in all activities undertaken to facilitate a smooth transition into production.
- All design projects are led by experienced Senior Engineers.
- At the completion of the project we hand over all deliverables and designs to you.
- Our company’s growth is fuelled by referrals and repeat business from our ever-growing and satisfied customer base, hence your success becomes our success.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your project.