Boost Design specialises in the development of new-to-world products from concept through to production. By conducting all engineering under the one roof, we can provide seamless integration of all components including mechanical, electronics, firmware and software. This allows us to tie in the entire user experience across all dimensions, so that your customers will experience a consistent view of your unique brand image & identity.
We also understand that your needs may be much broader than pure product engineering, so we can offer help there too. We develop new technologies, conduct IP reviews and patenting, arrange regulatory assessment and product certification, and do market research. We can also help develop start-up companies from scratch. We work hard to achieve the overall success of our projects and clients as your success is our success.
A sample of some of the activities the Boost Design Team can do for you includes:
- Research your product’s technical and commercial feasibility.
- Invent and develop new patentable technologies to be integrated into your product, and lodge a provisional patent for you to protect it.
- Design sophisticated and simple electronics, including schematics and PCB assemblies, ready for production.
- Industrial Design of beautiful products, including the production of high quality product images/renders suitable for marketing and fundraising purposes, as well as completed designs ready for prototype and production.
- Embedded software and firmware engineering to drive the functionality of your product.
- Interfacing hardware with software applications, such as smartphone apps, desktop software, cloud servers, databases, IoT cloud dashboards, etc.
- Prototype manufacture, assembly and testing of your product.
- Design and deliver electronic test systems to maximise production efficiencies and product quality.
- Assist with product regulatory compliance requirements and third-party laboratory testing.
- Provide manufacturing support and continued product improvements.
- Develop design documentation to a level suitable for your needs, including in compliance with standards such as ISO13485 for medical devices.
Sample technologies and platforms for your product could include:
- Wireless IoT (Internet of Things) and other communication interfaces, including Bluetooth/BLE, WiFi, GSM 3G/4G/5G/LTE, NB-IoT, Cat-M1, Satellite, LoRaWAN etc.
- Designs for ultra low-power operation utilising small batteries.
- Embedded and low power microprocessors, such as 8 and 32 bit micro controllers.
- Powerful embedded Linux and Windows devices.
- A broad range of sensors including Accelerometers, Gyroscopes, Magnetometers, GPS, Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, Gas, Optical, Position, Vibration, Colour, Cameras, Thermal, Capacitive, and many more including custom sensing devices etc.
- Wired communications interfaces, including Ethernet, RS485, RS232, CAN bus, Modbus, Analog, Digital, Dry Contact Switches etc.
- Battery management systems, including battery protection, battery smart chargers, solar chargers and fuel gauges.
- All displays types including LCD, OLED, E Ink, projection, and transparent displays.
- Capacitive and resistive touchscreen displays.
The Boost Design Approach
In contrast to most product development consultancies, Boost design’s experience is based on many years of leadership in technology start-ups. This experience allows us to take a holistic approach to product development, which balances the needs of research, design and engineering with your overall business and product goals.
Here’s a summary of our approach:
- We live and breathe Outcome Driven Design; every decision we make is informed by what you are trying to achieve with your product and your business.
- Your satisfaction is our highest priority.
- Our team are highly adept in translating technical terminology into plain English, so you don’t need to be an engineer to communicate with us or understand our work.
- Wherever possible, we aim to integrate existing technology into our designs that will accelerate development time, reduce costs, while meeting or exceeding project and product objectives. This includes the use of reputable components that are readily available, well documented, are simple to evaluate and implement, or the use of designs already built by our own engineering team that are ready to deploy into your application.
- We define a plan and team to suit each project individually.
- Our work programmes are structured to identify and mitigate project risks as early as possible.
- We are happy to accommodate your scope changes as the project progresses.
- We invite you to be closely involved with the project and in all major design decisions, at a level of detail and involvement that suits you.
- We consider design for manufacture (DFM) in all activities undertaken to facilitate a smooth transition into production.
- All design projects are led by experienced Senior Engineers.
- At the completion of the project we hand over all deliverables and designs to you.
- Our company’s growth is fuelled by referrals and repeat business from our ever-growing and satisfied customer base, hence your success becomes our success.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your project.