The Boost Design team has 20+ years’ experience researching and developing deep technologies for integration into innovative new-to-world products. In addition to engineering your product from concept through to production, our team can guide you through the process of conceptualising, researching, developing, protecting, certifying and commercialisation your product.
Medical Device Product Design & Biomedical Engineering
With a prior background that includes executive management in a medical device company, the Boost Design team has deep experience in the research, design, development, and commercialisation of complex medical device products, biomedical engineering, and medical technologies.
Examples of activities previously undertaken by our team include:
- Market analysis and quantification for business case viability
- User needs analysis
- Research programs and experimental design to determine technology and device feasibility
- Medical technology invention, developing product IP strategy, and patent development
- Rapid prototype and engineering of medical proof-of-concept devices
- Design and development of medical designs ready for production (DFM)
- Short-run medical product manufacturing and testing
- Development of manufacturing test systems
- Creation of verification and validation test plans and protocols
- Usability and clinical trials
- Regulatory compliance to applicable standards (ISO13485, FDA QSR quality management systems, ISO14971 risk management, IEC61010 Electrical Safety, CISPR EMC etc)
- Development of medical device regulatory submissions and associated documentation, including TGA, FDA, CE Mark
- Management of medical product certification testing, including safety and emissions
- Manufacture of medical devices, sustaining engineering, and post launch support
Contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your medical product design or research and development project.
Laboratory Equipment Product Design & Engineering
Boost Design have developed complex systems for rapid testing and/or processing within laboratory environments. Examples of activities previously undertaken by our team include:
- Invention of new-to-world patentable technologies to enable product capability and competitive advantage
- Laboratory technology research and feasibility studies
- Mathematical modelling of complex systems
- Sensor technology development, including sophisticated and highly-accurate integrated measurement systems
- Precision control of high-speed electro-mechanical systems, including stepper and BLDC motors, position sensing etc.
- Wireless and wired integration with third-party software systems
- IP Strategy and patenting of new technologies
- Rapid development and engineering of proof-of-concept devices and prototypes
- Engineering design of products for manufacture (DFM)
- Short-run production and testing
Contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your laboratory device project.
Sports Technology Development & Wearables Engineering
The Boost Design team are passionate about the development of sports technologies and helping sportstech start-ups. Examples of activities previously undertaken by our team include:
- Identification of market opportunities for new and existing technologies, competitive analysis, technology strategy, market size estimation, technology roadmaps and plans, business case development and plans
- Patent landscape and prior-art reviews
- Invention of new patentable technologies to enable product capability and competitive advantage
- Development of research programs and technology validation strategies
- Research into biomechanics and human performance enhancement
- Mathematical and computer modelling of complex physical systems
- Advanced sensor development, including environmental and motion
- Design of wearable electronics, and integration of electronics into garments
- Product engineering of proof-of-concept devices, prototypes, and design for manufacture
Contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your sports technology development project.
The Boost Design Approach
In contrast to most product development consultancies, Boost design’s experience is based on many years of leadership in technology start-ups. This experience allows us to take a holistic approach to product development, which balances the needs of research, design and engineering with your overall business and product goals.
Here’s a summary of our approach:
- We live and breathe Outcome Driven Design; every decision we make is informed by what you are trying to achieve with your product and your business.
- Your satisfaction is our highest priority.
- Our team are highly adept in translating technical terminology into plain English, so you don’t need to be an engineer to communicate with us or understand our work.
- Wherever possible, we aim to integrate existing technology into our designs that will accelerate development time, reduce costs, while meeting or exceeding project and product objectives. This includes the use of reputable components that are readily available, well documented, are simple to evaluate and implement, or the use of designs already built by our own engineering team that are ready to deploy into your application.
- We define a plan and team to suit each project individually.
- Our work programmes are structured to identify and mitigate project risks as early as possible.
- We are happy to accommodate your scope changes as the project progresses.
- We invite you to be closely involved with the project and in all major design decisions, at a level of detail and involvement that suits you.
- We consider design for manufacture (DFM) in all activities undertaken to facilitate a smooth transition into production.
- All design projects are led by experienced Senior Engineers.
- At the completion of the project we hand over all deliverables and designs to you.
- Our company’s growth is fuelled by referrals and repeat business from our ever-growing and satisfied customer base, hence your success becomes our success.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your project.