In this project the Client wanted to integrate smart electronic sensing into their own (non-electronic) sports products. Boost Design was engaged to research the viability of the project, technology, size and power requirements, analyse competing products, and develop the product for manufacturing. Boost Design performed the following tasks:
- Located and reviewed white papers and peer-reviewed articles on related sports topics to understand requirements for hardware and algorithms in relation to human biomechanics
- Researched competitive products to find a market niche, quantified the market opportunity, and identified an appropriate commercialisation strategy
- Completed a feasibility analysis on the electronics, developing a strategy to miniaturise the product whilst maintaining adequate battery life
- Selected core product electronic components and developed a digital mock-up circuit board to establish size requirements
- Recommended IP and patenting opportunities to pursue
This sports wearable product is currently in development.