Technology Research & Development
The Boost Design team has 20+ years experience researching and developing new technologies for integration into innovative new-to-world products. Our team can guide you through the process and develop world leading technologies that you can incorporate into your product (or products) to achieve the ultimate competitive advantage in your market.
Examples of activities previously undertaken by our team include:
- Research and design of new-to-world medical devices and laboratory equipment
- Invention of multiple new-to-world electro-mechanical sensor systems
- Development of complex mathematical algorithms, and incorporation of these into product software and firmware, and for use in pure-research applications
- Design of complex physical processes, and design and development of the product hardware and software to achieve them
- Research and development of specialised prototype devices designed to enhance development speed
- Design and development of test systems for developing and proving new technologies
- Design and development of specialised manufacturing test systems
- Sports biomechanics, human performance enhancement, and human movement research
- Technology performance research and simulations
- Usability assessments and related product design and development
- Design of tests to ensure your product or technology is robust
- Technology design and product development in highly regulated markets (such as medical)
- The business of technology; Identification of market opportunities for new and existing technologies, competitive analysis, technology strategy, market size estimation, technology roadmaps and plans, business case development and plans
- Technology development to bypass existing IP and patents
- Development of new patent strategies
The Boost Design Approach
In contrast to most product development consultancies, Boost design’s experience is based on many years of leadership in technology start-ups. This experience allows us to take a holistic approach to product development, which balances the needs of research, design and engineering with your overall business and product goals.
Here’s a summary of our approach:
- We live and breathe Outcome Drive Design; every decision we make is informed by what you are trying to achieve with your product and your business.
- Your satisfaction is our highest priority.
- Our team are highly adept in translating technical terminology into plain English, so you don’t need to be an engineer to communicate with us or understand our work.
- Wherever possible, we aim to integrate existing technology into our designs that will accelerate development time, reduce costs, while meeting or exceeding project and product objectives. This includes the use of reputable components that are readily available, well documented, are simple to evaluate and implement, or the use of designs already built by our own engineering team that are ready to deploy into your application.
- We define a plan and team to suit each project individually.
- Our work programmes are structured to identify and mitigate project risks as early as possible.
- We are happy to accommodate your scope changes as the project progresses.
- We invite you to be closely involved with the project and in all major design decisions, at a level of detail and involvement that suits you.
- We consider design for manufacture (DFM) in all activities undertaken to facilitate a smooth transition into production.
- All design projects are led by experienced Senior Engineers.
- At the completion of the project we hand over all deliverables and designs to you.
- Our company’s growth is fuelled by referrals and repeat business from our ever-growing and satisfied customer base, hence your success becomes our success.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your project.