Boost Design specialises in the research and development of technology products with a core of electronics, software and firmware. Our services span determining product feasibility and viability, designing a proof-of-concept (POC) or minimum viable product (MVP), designing and developing prototypes, transferring designs to production, low-volume production, and supporting on-going manufacturing. We work with everyone from first-time inventors through to well-established product manufacturers to engineer design concepts into successful finished products.
Below is a sample of some of the work that Boost Design’s Engineering Team can do for you:
- Create a set of electronic and software product requirements to match your target business outcomes.
- Invention and development of new technologies to be integrated into your product
- Electronic product design activities including research, design and development of schematics and PCB assemblies, ready for production.
- Embedded software and firmware engineering to drive the functionality of your product.
- Integrate electronics and firmware into mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, smartphone apps, software systems, cloud connection etc.
- Prototype manufacture, assembly and testing.
- Design and deliver electronic test systems to maximise production efficiencies and product quality.
- Assist you with compliance testing.
- Provide manufacturing support and continued product improvements.
- Develop design documentation to a level suitable for your needs.
Sample technologies and platforms for your product could include:
- Embedded Windows and Linux PCs
- Embedded 8 bit or ARM Cortex microprocessors
- Communications including Bluetooth/BLE, WiFi, GSM 3G/4G/LTE, ANT+, LoRa, Ethernet, RS485, CAN bus, etc
- Sensors including GPS, IMUs (Accelerometers, Gyroscopes, Magnetometers), Temperature, Humidity, Pressure, Gas, etc
- Battery management, including protection, battery smart chargers and fuel gauges
- Displays types including LCD, OLED & E Ink
- Capacitive and resistive touchscreen displays
The Boost Design Approach
In contrast to most product development consultancies, Boost design’s experience is based on many years of leadership in technology start-ups. This experience allows us to take a holistic approach to product development, which balances the needs of research, design and engineering with your overall business and product goals.
Here’s a summary of our approach:
- We live and breathe Outcome Driven Design; every decision we make is informed by what you are trying to achieve with your product and your business.
- Your satisfaction is our highest priority.
- Our team are highly adept in translating technical terminology into plain English, so you don’t need to be an engineer to communicate with us or understand our work.
- Wherever possible, we aim to integrate existing technology into our designs that will accelerate development time, reduce costs, while meeting or exceeding project and product objectives. This includes the use of reputable components that are readily available, well documented, are simple to evaluate and implement, or the use of designs already built by our own engineering team that are ready to deploy into your application.
- We define a plan and team to suit each project individually.
- Our work programmes are structured to identify and mitigate project risks as early as possible.
- We are happy to accommodate your scope changes as the project progresses.
- We invite you to be closely involved with the project and in all major design decisions, at a level of detail and involvement that suits you.
- We consider design for manufacture (DFM) in all activities undertaken to facilitate a smooth transition into production.
- All design projects are led by experienced Senior Engineers.
- At the completion of the project we hand over all deliverables and designs to you.
- Our company’s growth is fuelled by referrals and repeat business from our ever-growing and satisfied customer base, hence your success becomes our success.
Please contact us to discuss how we can assist you with your project.